Brazil: Gov't Adds Two More Nominees for Petrobras Board

Jamie McGeever
Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Brazil's state-run oil firm Petrobras said on Wednesday that the government has nominated a further two individuals as potential members of the firm's board of directors, to be voted on at the upcoming extraordinary general meeting.

This comes after Petroleo Brasileiro SA, as the company is formally known, said on Monday it had received six nominations from the Ministry of Mines and Energy and Economy Ministry.

In a securities filing on Wednesday, Petrobras said the Ministry of Mines and Energy had nominated Cynthia Santana Silveira and Ana Silvia Corso Matte.

[Five] directors said last week they would be stepping down, following President Jair Bolsonaro's decision last month to replace Chief Executive Roberto Castello Branco with retired military general Joaquim Silva e Luna.

A date has yet to be set for the extraordinary general meeting. 

(Reporting by Jamie McGeever; editing by Louise Heavens)

Categories: People Activity South America People & Company News

Related Stories

AKOFS Offshore Inks New Vessel Deal with Petrobras

Shell to Push Ahead on Dragon Natural Gas Project After US License Shift

TVO Adds to Project Management Team

Current News

Ndungu Full-Field Starts Up Offshore Angola

Norway's 2025 Oil Output Climbs to Highest Level Since 2009

AKOFS Offshore Inks New Vessel Deal with Petrobras

UK Trade Body Challenges Government View on North Sea Gas Decline

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News