TotalEnergies, Qatar Petroleum, Chevron Submit Winning Bids for Suriname Offshore Blocks

Friday, June 18, 2021

U.S. oil major Chevron, and a consortium between France's TotalEnergies and Qatar's Qatar Petroleum have submitted winning bids for shallow-water offshore acreage in Suriname, Suriname's national oil company Staatsolie said Friday.

Staatsolie said the trio had submitted "most favorable" bids for the relevant blocks offered in the SHO Bid Round 2020/2021 which had closed for bidding on April 30.

In total Staatsolie received a total of ten bids for three of the eight blocks which were on offer. The blocks are located in the west of the Shallow Offshore area, south of the recent deepwater discoveries made in Block 58, and northwest of the onshore producing fields. 

Chevron filed the most favorable bid for Block 5, and the TotalEnergies and Qatar Petroleum joint venture for Block 6 and Block 8.

"Staatsolie and the successful bidders are now in the process of concluding Production Sharing Contracts (PSCs) for the relevant blocks and will make further announcements once the PSCs are awarded," Staatsolie said.

Staatsolie previously said that the obligation for the winning firms would be obliged to carry out new 3D seismic data surveys in the 1st exploration phase with a drill-or-drop decision before drilling in subsequent phases.

Categories: Energy Geoscience Industry News Caribbean Activity Exploration Regulations

Related Stories

Akita Offshore Wind Build Progresses as JERA Defies Cost Pressures

France Lowers Renewable Goals, Backs Nuclear in New Law

Mubadala Hires SLB for Deepwater Drilling Services Offshore Indonesia

Current News

Ndungu Full-Field Starts Up Offshore Angola

Norway's 2025 Oil Output Climbs to Highest Level Since 2009

AKOFS Offshore Inks New Vessel Deal with Petrobras

UK Trade Body Challenges Government View on North Sea Gas Decline

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News